Richard Ruskin, MD
Anesthesiology & Pain Management
- MD: University of Arizona College of Medicine, Tucson, Arizona
- Residency: Anesthesiology, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida
- Residency: Internal Medicine, Tucson Hospitals Medical Education Program, Tucson, Arizona
- Fellowship: Pain Management, Department of Anesthesiology, Medical College, Wisconsin, Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Board Certification: American Board of Anesthesiology & Pain Medicine
- Named Phoenix Magazine’s Top Doc for 2006, 2007 and 2013.
Dr. Ruskin has been in practice in Mesa since 1985 and is a founding partner of Desert Pain Institute, which opened in 2002. Dr. Ruskin is married, and has a son and a daughter. He enjoys golf, skiing, traveling, fly-fishing and reading.
Testimonial - February 23, 2012
Dear Dr. Ruskin,
This is to inform you that when I first came to DPI, I was in extreme pain. In the past I have experienced considerable pain with broken bones, as many as three ribs at once, legs and wrists. But the pain from those experiences was less than the pain I was experiencing when I first came to you.
Upon reading the report of the radiologist after the MRI, I concluded the pain I was experiencing was chronic and would be a cross I would have to bare for the rest of my life. On 24 August 2011 you gave me a Cervical Epidural Injection that relieved some pain, then followed that with two more injections on later dates.
This is to report to you that with the injections you gave, coupled with the physical therapy with Mary Kay and Pam that you ordered, today I am completely free of pain. I am once again able to sleep soundly in any position, and return to my former routines. To me it is a miracle. I cannot tell you how happy I am with your help. I shall be forever grateful to you for your great skill, for your patience, and for the efficiency of Desert Pain Institute.
Dr. Lehi T. Smith